Friday, July 15, 2011

Book Review: When the Soul Mends (A Novel)

When the Soul Mends: A Novel (Sisters of the Quilt, #3)When the Soul Mends: A Novel by Cindy Woodsmall

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

From the book:
The capstone novel in Cindy Woodsmall's Sisters of the Quilt trilogy places Hannah Lapp at the most difficult crossroads in an Amish woman's life. She must choose between her new love and contented life in the Englischer community or the renewal of ties with her Old Order suitor, Paul. Called back to the congregation that ostracized her, she struggles to find her heart's desire as she attempts to ease her conscience. A romantic novel woven deep with strands of faith.

My review:
I actually started reading this book first but realized I was lost without reading the other two books and getting the history.  This is a series where a terrible tragedy occurs to an young Amish girl.  Instead of embracing her, her parents and community turn their backs on her.  Throughout the series, Hannah is able to overcome her setbacks and move on to a happy and fruitful life. While she ends up leaving her faith, she finds a path that brings out her true calling of helping others. In this book she has to choose between returning to those who rejected her and staying with those who freely accepted her regardless of her "past."

I rated this book high because I love these type of stories.  While I enjoyed the storyline, I cannot honestly say there was a lot of depth.  Once you get past the tragedy in the first book, the story loses it's steam.  However, if you are looking for a book with and easy to follow story line and a happy ending, then this is the perfect book for you!

Love and Blessings! 
Margaret


View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I read this series and I enjoyed it. I like these types of stories when I need a "feel good" read.
    In the homemade facial scrub you can add a few drops of essential oil if you want a fragrance.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful comment, it means a lot to me!