Thursday, August 25, 2011

Book Review: A Critical Loss of Balance

A Critical Loss of BalanceA Critical Loss of Balance by Mark Shaver

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


From the bookjacket:  Cliff Elliott thought he had endured the worst thing a parent could endure when his nine year old daughter was kidnapped, but he was wrong. The circumstances that led to her return were far worse than anything he could have imagined...



Disclaimer: This book was sent to me for the purpose of review. All opinions are expressed are 100% my own!

The storyline for this book was great and the characters were well developed. A family faces the unthinkable when their daughter was kidnapped. Although she was returned, there is so much more to the story than a safe return. The way Cliff executes a father's vengeance, it's gripping and keeps you interested. The supporting characters while bumbling at times, still are well thought out and likeable (or not).

This book had several spelling errors, which is a pet peeve of mine. One doesn't bother me so much but when you get up to 5 or 6, it's carelessness. But even more important than that, an important part of the story was inconsistent. One character found something and later in the book it was attributed to another character. That really ruined the book for me. Also, towards the end the writing got choppy and sloppy. I love to read and I really love to give the author the benefit of the doubt, but in this case I really think the book should have been edited a lot better!

I did finish the book and I did like it. However, the spelling errors and the inconsistent story cast a negative light.


Love and Blessings!
Margaret



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful comment, it means a lot to me!