Friday, October 2, 2015

Would you Stand?

I often ask myself... Would You Stand?



Peter 3:3 Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires.

 He walked into a room,with a gun. Consumed by evil, looking to extinguish good.
 
Matthew 10:22 You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
  
He asked them a question, are you a Christian?

Ephesians 6:14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 

They stood firm and they said YES, I am a Christian.  And he shot them. 

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.
    
Would you stand?  Would you boldly profess Christ as your Savior?  Would you face the evil in this world, standing firm?  Even when faced with death?


2Timothy 2:12 if we endure,
    we will also reign with him.
If we disown him,
    he will also disown us;


My desire is to reign with Christ.  When I accepted his Spirit into me, I died to myself and I began to live for Him.  If I live for Him, I die for Him, to live with Him for all eternity!

I pray for those of us who must face the evil of this world daily.   I pray that we are able to stand firm so that in the day of Christ we may rise and reign with our King.  I pray for the families of those who stood for Christ, that they understand by choosing to die, they chose to live.  Yes the gunman was right, they would see God this day!  And for those who are in Christ it's a joyous occasion, not a death sentence.  He didn't realize that by singling out Christians, he himself was glorifying the One, the Alpha, The Omega, The Risen Savior. 


Zephaniah 1:14a Near is the great day of the Lord,
Near and coming very quickly;
Listen, the day of the Lord!


Love & Blessings!
Margaret







  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful comment, it means a lot to me!