Thursday, October 14, 2010

Book Review: Stolen by Jordan Gray

StolenStolen by Jordan Gray

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


About the book:
A cozy English seaside town built on secrets and smugglers, Blackpool is a haven for tourists and home to generations of locals who like their privacy. American Molly Graham and her British husband, Michael, are considered outsiders, but feel irresistibly drawn to this town…and its darker curiosities. Because Blackpool harbors dangerous mysteries.

And murder is just the beginning….

A shattering scream outside the old theater leads to the victim, a woman whose past in Blackpool is linked to a seventy-year-old train wreck, a lost child and a cache of valuable paintings smuggled out of London during World War II. After a number of frustrating missteps, can Molly and Michael discover the killer in their midst? In Blackpool they know secrets run deep. And some want them hidden forever—at any cost.


My Review:

Surprisingly, I enjoyed this book!  I say surprisingly because I saw it was a Harlequin and I gave up on romance novels a while ago! But this book made me rethink banning all Harlequin books.  I like this new direction.  It was an interesting twist as it combined a little romance, a little tech speak and a LOT of mystery. I thought it was interesting also, that Harlequin teamed up with Big Fish Games for this novel.  I'd be interested to see how that plays into the other books.

Overall, I thought the story was good.  I kept guessing on whodun'it and in the end I was very wrong! LOL! It kept me interested throughout the book and I loved the ending.  My only caveat is that I thought the character's could have been developed further.  I mean I like when they tell me the color of her hair or the shape of his eyes, you know stuff like that so you get to know the characters like friends.  But overall it was a good read, a great start to the series!


Disclamer: I was provided a copy of this book as a giveaway on Twitter Moms with the promise that I would review it.  All opinions expressed are my own and I received no other compensation!

Love and Blessings!
Margaret



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I'm not much of a romance novel reader, but this does sound interesting! ;0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful comment, it means a lot to me!