Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Book Review: Love the One You're With by Emily Giffin

Love the One You're WithLove the One You're With by Emily Giffin

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


About the book (from Goodreads)

How do you know if you’ve found the one? Can you really love the one you’re with when you can’t forget the one who got away?



Ellen and Andy’s first year of marriage doesn’t just seem perfect, it is perfect. There is no question how deep their devotion is, and how naturally they bring out the best in each other. But one fateful afternoon, Ellen runs into Leo for the first time in eight years. Leo, the one who brought out the worst in her. Leo, the one who left her heartbroken with no explanation. Leo, the one she could never quite forget. When his reappearance ignites long-dormant emotions, Ellen begins to question whether the life she’s living is the one she’s meant to live.
At once heartbreaking and funny, Love the One You’re With is a tale of lost loves and found fortunes—and will resonate with anyone who has ever wondered what if.


My Review:

What I liked most about this book was the story development. I was drawn in from the beginning. I enjoyed the interaction of the main character Ellen and the other less important characters. I was wondering all the way through whether or not she was going to make the right decision. The ending, while a little surprising, was perfect!


If I could change anything about this book I would make the secondary character more of a jerk! As it's written, you can't help but like him a little!


This is a book from my personal collection. Opinions expressed are my own.


View all my reviews

Love and Blessings!
Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful comment, it means a lot to me!