Thursday, April 14, 2011

Tough Day for this Mom!

You know your a mom when someone does something to your child and you just want to shoot tell them off! 

Someone did something really terrible to my son.  I won't go into details because it's his story to share.  But these were people we trusted and we took them at their word.  Obviously their word wasn't as important to them as it was to us.  He's processed it and he's adapting.  I'm so proud of him and the way he has handled this.



Mom is not doing as well though, I want to strike back.  I want to hurt them like they hurt my son.  But in Roman's 12:19-21, the Lord tells me that vengeance is His. Instead, I have to treat my "enemies" with kindness and caring.  So I will, not because I want to, but because I know any small revenge that I could exact, would be disobedience.  I will continue to pray and to leave it in the Master's hands.

What is one of the toughest moments you've had as a parent?

I posted this in response to a Social Mom's blogging prompt but it was something I needed to talk about.  Love to see your comments!

Love and Blessings!
Margaret

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. That is so horrible! I don't have the strength to have that much self control. UGH... I am so sorry for you and your son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imagine how God felt when they crucified His Son.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you G-Zell, I don't have ANY self-control, that's why I'm relying on God. I am getting peace about what happened. Mr. Geezer, you make a great point, thank you for your comment. Really puts my issue into perspective!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful comment, it means a lot to me!