Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Book Review: The Christmas Singing: A Romance From the Heart of Amish Country by Cindy Woodsmall

The Christmas SingingThe Christmas Singing by Cindy Woodsmall

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


The Christmas Singing is a lovely story about an Amish young woman Mattie, who is torn between two beaus, the one that left her heartbroken and the one that would never hurt her.  In the end she chooses between the two, but is it the right choice? 

The character of Mattie was bold and creative.  Mattie is a successful cake decorator, a business she started when Gideon broke her heart and she moved from Pennsylvania to Ohio.  When Mattie faces a tragedy, she is forced to go back to PA and to face Gideon.  Mattie's new love Sol, stands by her throughout it all, but in the end he knows that Mattie needs to make a decision.


This was definitely a quick and pleasant read. I love Amish stories, just the peaceful sense of life unencumbered. I think the author did a wonderful job of developing the characters and weaving them each into the story.  What I enjoy most about Amish fiction, is the wonderful sense of family and community these books promote.  I look forward to more books from this author! Oh and the recipes at the end of this book look wonderful!  I'll have to try one or two!


Disclaimer: This book was provided to me by Waterbrook-Multnomah as part of the Blogging for Books program.  The opinions expressed are 100% my own. 

Love and Blessings!
Margaret





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful comment, it means a lot to me!