Thursday, April 26, 2012

Umm God?

I know I said the other day to bring the rain, but God?  I was bluffing.  See, I really don't like being wet.  And my shoes are all sloshy and it's really uncomfortable and  I want ... what's that You say?

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 


Oh yeah, I know that!  But what I'm trying to say is, uh,  I changed my mind.  I mean, I want you to do your plan and all, but can you make it a little more comfortable, a little less rain??  NO? What's that?


James 1:2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 

OK, if You say so, but it's really hard to feel joy right now, I'm really trying to keep my head above all of this rain.  I'm paddling and paddling but it feels like the water level just keeps getting higher and higher, something is weighing me down.  I just wish could drop whatever it is and just float.  I CAN?

Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 


Does this mean you will do the paddling for me????  Ok, Lord, show me how to let this burden go, I'm ready... boy am I ever ready!!  Because I'm really tired and I need that rest you are offering!  

One last thing to remember?  Oh, I guess it's not about me.. it has always been about You.  I'm sorry Father, thank you for your grace.

Job 29:20 My glory will not fade; the bow will be ever new in my hand.’  

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. ” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 






Love and Blessings Always,
Margaret 

3 comments:

  1. I love this Margaret! You did a great job! Look forward to seeing more. Louise Drennon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Louise, I look forward to doing more!

      Delete
  2. Hi Margaret! Great post! I love the verses you included. I'm a new follower of your blog, found you on goodreads. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful comment, it means a lot to me!