Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Book Review: Knockout Entrepreneur by George Foreman with Ken Abraham

Knockout Entrepreneur (Nelsonfree) Knockout Entrepreneur by George Foreman



Everyone probably knows that George Foreman was the heavyweight champion of the world... twice!  What they may not know is George is a real heavyweight in business and in faith.  Knockout Entrepreneur is a faith based business management book which takes you through the steps necessary to build and maintain your business.  George does not shy away from telling how his faith plays an integral part in his business dealings.

I admit, it has taken me longer to read this book than it normally does.  I have just started a direct sales business and read this book to get ideas on how to take my business to the next level. There was so much GOOD information to digest, I didn't want to rush through this book.  George Foreman gives great tips for getting into the right mindset of being a reliable, smart, and trustworthy business person to what you should do once you reach your level of success.  George ties in Christian Principles wonderfully, things like honesty, trust, generosity.  At the end of each chapter, he provides you with a series of questions/prompts to help you think through what you just learned and apply it. 

I enjoyed this book so much!  I love that it's written from the perspective that everything we do is done to glorify God, I love that George gives examples of how his faith has sustained him, I love how the chapters are short but chock full of information, I love how George let's you know right off that there is no "magic pill" when you are in business.  Sometimes you will do well, sometimes it will be lean, anytime when you put your faith in God, you will be successful.  I highly recommend this book for those just starting out in business as well as those who have been in business for a while and need a fresh new perspective.

This book was provided to me by Thomas Nelson for the purpose of sharing an honest opinion. 

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful comment, it means a lot to me!