Sunday, December 6, 2009

Book Review: When Christ Comes by Max Lucado

When Christ Comes When Christ Comes by Max Lucado


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
When Christ Comes is about how Christ will arrive in His glory in His Time. In this book Max Lucado addresses our impatience to see Jesus and how awesome His return will be. He also touches on what Christians should be doing in the meantime. At the end of the book, there is a study guide which you can use to reinforce what you are reading.

I've always enjoyed Max's books and this one was no exception. I like the structure of the book, short chapters with insightful passages and personal stories. Max is pretty funny at times. I like that more often than not he is laughing at himself. But more important than the humor, is the truth he presents. He addresses difficult questions like when is Christ coming back? What should Christians be doing in the meantime? Is there really a Hell? What will it be like in Jesus' presence? Of course he does not know the definitive answer, but using biblical truths he gives us a pretty good idea!

After reading this book, I was encouraged to speak out more about my faith and share how Christ is working in my life. It also caused me to stop and examine how my activities are reflecting the love of Christ.

This is a book from my personal collection. I was not compensated or provided with a book for review.


View all my reviews >>

2 comments:

  1. Just blogging around and wanted to say...Merry SITSmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this great review. You made me want to read this one. :) It sounds like it brought great inspiration to you personally.

    Blessings to you as you celebrate the Christmas season -
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful comment, it means a lot to me!