Saturday, December 5, 2009

Well Done!

His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
Matthew 25:23
 

Last week was report cards for my son and daughter. M brought home a report card of A's and B's.  B also did well.  He met the challenge of difficult classes and excelled in his acting and French classes.  He also performed in two plays and was phenomenal!

I make sure to tell my children when they do a job well done. My children also know that if they do what they are supposed to do, they get rewarded and recognized. If they excel with the small tasks that we give them (such as schoolwork), we are willing to give them more.  More responsibility, more freedom, more material rewards.

Jesus is the same way!!  He tells us in the parable of the talents (Matthew 25:14-28), that He will reward those who take what He has given and multiply it!  We who take what He has given us and use it to build up His kingdom will hear the wonderful words "Well Done my good and faithful servant... come share in my joy!"   

Lord my prayer today is that you will bless me and those reading this, to use our talents wisely so that we can bless You and Your kingdom!  AMEN!

Love and Blessings,
Margaret

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful comment, it means a lot to me!