Monday, December 14, 2009

Book Review - Scarpetta by Patricia Cornwall

Scarpetta (Kay Scarpetta, #16) Scarpetta by Patricia Cornwell


My rating: 2 of 5 stars
From the summary:

"Leaving behind her private forensic pathology practice in Charleston, South Carolina, Kay Scarpetta accepts an assignment in New York City, where the NYPD has asked her to examine an injured man on Bellevue Hospital’s psychiatric prison ward. The handcuffed and chained patient, Oscar Bane, has specifically asked for her, and when she literally has her gloved hands on him, he begins to talk—and the story he has to tell turns out to be one of the most bizarre she has ever heard."

I have to say this book was bizarre indeed and I did not enjoy it. I kept moving forward because I just KNEW it had to get better. Unfortunately it didn't. While the author did a nice job of building the characters, letting out little details as the book went on, they somehow didn't seem believable. The connection between the main characters was there but just seemed weak. The relationships were all a little weird. I was very disappointed in the ending as well, it really didn't pull it all together for me. Just disappointing all together.

I rarely rate a book this low but I just couldn't find much good about this one.

View all my reviews >>

**** This book was from my personal collection. I was not compensated for this review. ****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful comment, it means a lot to me!