Friday, July 20, 2012

Perspective

This morning I got up and I had a whole list of complaints:

The kids are fighting and calling each other names!
I still have a million things to do before they leave for leadership next week!
I can't have my yard sale because everyone bailed on me!
Why am I the only one here who can pick Dad up from the doctor!
Poor me, poor me, poor me...

When I look at the CNN blast on my phone, my perspective was shifted in an uncomfortable way:

14 dead, 50 wounded at an Aurora, Colorado movie theatre (later updated to 12 dead, 38 wounded)

Some mother is mourning her child, mine are just fighting.
Some father is wishing their child was getting ready for leadership training, instead of lying in the city morgue.
Some wife is wishing just was cleaning out her husband's clothes for a yard sale, instead of planning his funeral.
Some child woke up this morning asking their mom where their Daddy was, and she couldn't answer because of the tears. 

We don't realize how blessed we are until our paradigm shifts, until our perspective is changed.

My heart aches, my soul cries for all of the anger and evil in this world. However, Jesus warned us of this period of time in Matthew 24.  Yet, even it the midst, I know that there is HOPE.  Revelation 21:4 tells us:

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Joyce Meyer shared Psalm 62:5 on her page today and I think it is very appropriate:

"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him." 

Today there are 12 souls who have departed this earth.  My hope is that they are now resting in the arms of our Heavenly Father.  I pray for the victims, the families of the victims and for the gunman.  As my soul aches for them, I am comforted by the knowledge that the Lord reigns for evermore and even in the midst of this tragedy, He is still on His throne.


Love and Blessings Always!
Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful comment, it means a lot to me!