Friday, January 15, 2016

Review: Christmas in Magnolia Cove

Christmas in Magnolia Cove Christmas in Magnolia Cove by Rachel Hanna
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Christmas in Magnolia Cove

Book Description
Madison Carter's life is perfect, or so she thinks. As the top interior designer in Atlanta, clients are clamoring to work with her. She has the town's most eligible and handsome bachelor, Connor Strickland, all wrapped up and ready to marry her. Best of all, she's left her tormented past back in Magnolia Cove.

When she uncovers a secret about her fiance, she flees back to her family in Magnolia Cove - to a mother who loves her, a sister who despises her and a past full of the bullies who made her life miserable in high school.

Can Christmas bring about new opportunities for love, business and forgiveness?

My Review
I love to read Christmas stories so I was looking forward to reading this book. However, it was not quite what I expected. Madison discovers her boyfriend cheating and decides to head back to Magnolia Cove to get away for a while. Once there, she finds herself getting sucked back in to that life and meets up with an old boyfriend when she needs a contractor for a home she purchased. Of course, the romance is rekindled but not without some rockiness. I found this to be a typical romance and nothing really exciting. Nice if you want a quick read.

From a Christian Perspective
It's hard for me to find the Christian Perspective when the book is not written in the Christian genre.  The book did contain situations that were a bit uncomfortable for the Christian reader.  Even so, I think it's important to review ALL types of books so I will continue to do this.  

For this book in particular, there was a lot of focus on romantic love which wasn't necessarily unconditional.  Jesus is very clear when he tells us that we must show unconditional love.   As the story when on, I did find examples of 1 Corinthian 13:4 "Love is patient, love is kind.  It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud."  Wyatt knew that he had been treated unfairly by Madison in the past.  However he chose kindness over revenge.  Through this he was able to develop a different kind of relationship.  Love is redeeming in this case. 

This book was from my personal Kindle Collection. You can find this book and more on Amazon, Christmas in Magnolia Cove

Love and Blessings!
Margaret

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful comment, it means a lot to me!