Thursday, May 31, 2012

ARE YOU A SELL-OUT? #Jesus #God #bible

Well are you?  Sold out for Jesus?

I've been doing a lot of bible study recently and it seems all of my lessons are pointing to being sold out for Jesus, not holding anything back.  But I have a confession to make...

I have serious trust issues. It's hard for me to let people see my heart, it's easier to let them judge me on my outward appearance. And because of the human experiences I have had, it has taken me a LONG time to trust Jesus with everything.  In other words, I'm a CONTROL FREAK!

Through my reading and studies, I'm learning that Jesus, was not concerned with outward experiences.  He was not looking for perfection, because he knows there is no perfection here in this world.  Jesus looks at my (your) heart:

1 Sam 16:7 But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.

Luke 16:15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

No matter what has been done to you in the past, no matter what you have done in the past, once I accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior, once YOU accept  Him as your Savior, it's all new.  None of those things matter.  But try telling your feelings that!

When you have been
  • bullied
  • abused 
  • rejected 
  • betrayed 
by those here in this world,  your feelings tell you that there is no one who cares.  It's hard to accept that there is One who will never bully you, never abuse you, never reject you, never betray you.

But Jesus gave us His WORD that he would never leave us comfortless:

John 14:16-18 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;  Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.  I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

So what I'm learning is that I can trust Jesus with everything.  I don't have to worry that one day He will leave me, I don't have to worry at all because He will take care of my every need, he will give me the desires of my heart, but most importantly I can rest in the JOY that I find in Him.

I'm ready to be a Sell-Out, how about you? Are you ready to take that next step of faith?  

If you'd like to know what I've been using for study, check out these books on Amazon:

Hope Springs by Kim Cash Tate - This is a fiction but has great examples of being sold out for Christ.  It releases in June 2012

You're Already Amazing: Embracing Who You Are, Becoming All God Created You to Be by Holley Gerth - Holley Walks you through being your amazing self that God created you to be, giving you questions to help you understand more about your unique skills and talents.  Review will be posted soon!

My Big Bottom Blessing: How Hating My Body Led to Loving My Life by Teasi Cannon - I LOVE LOVE LOVE this book so far.  The writing is very simple and there are questions at the end of each chapter to help you dig deeper.  Review is coming soon!

And on that note, I leave you with this song by Matthew West!
 
Love and Blessings Always! 
Margaret

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful comment, it means a lot to me!