Thursday, May 10, 2012

Book Review: Bad Girls of the Bible by Liz Curtis Higgs #christianbook

Bad Girls of the Bible: And What We Can Learn from ThemBad Girls of the Bible: And What We Can Learn from Them by Liz Curtis Higgs
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Bad Girls is a collection of relatively short stories about women in the bible. You meet each one first through a modern day story which helps you relate to the character. Then Ms. Higgs begins to talk about the biblical character using scriptures and humor to support the lesson. In the book she helps us to understand the motivations of these women and where they came from.

I've had this on my to read list for quite some time and I'm glad I finally read it. I treated as a devotional reading it a little bit each day for a six week period. I really got a lot out of this book!

I loved the format of using the modern day story followed by the biblical story. The former was important to helping you relate to the women in these stories. While they were fictional, they really could be any woman that you meet on the street today. The biblical stories were supported by the scripture that told about these women. They brought out points that you wouldn't normally think about when reading these stories in the Bible. I really appreciated that!

Overall, I thought the book was well written. It did drag out a bit at points but it wasn't too bad. The author's writing style is refreshing and educational at the same time!  Her questions at the end of the chapter really helped bring the lessons home. As a Christian woman, I am always looking for enriching devotionals and this definitely fit the bill. 

This is a book from my personal collection.  You can find it here:  Bad Girls of the Bible: And What We Can Learn From Them

Love and Blessings Always!
Margaret


“I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.” 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful comment, it means a lot to me!