Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Being a Good Steward

We as a family are taking a new path with our finances this year. In the past, we have been very much "instant gratification" kind of people. This has not served us well. We find ourselves falling into credit card debt and with mortgage, car and credit card payments hanging over our heads.

I really feel in my heart, that God wants us to exhibit more self-control in our finances. The main reason for this is so that we are in a position to give to those who are in need, either locally or abroad as the spirit leads. Good stewardship is not easy, and I don't think God intended it to be. There are many verses that speak to this such as Luke 16 (the unjust manager), Proverbs 21:5 (can you say instant gratification!), Proverbs 27:23 (having so much you don't know what you have!), Luke 14:28-30 (proper planning!). Of course I could go on and on. The point is in our family, we definitely need to be better stewards.


One site that is helping me with this is www.couponmom.com

I first came across this site a few months ago when I first felt the urging to cut costs. It was brought to my attention again recently so I jumped in with both feet! It's really been eye-opening on how much I can save by clipping coupons!! My first time out I saved $80 by using coupons and store discounts!! Now that was really a RUSH!!

The good news is that Coupon Mom (Her real name is Stephanie Nelson) has decided to share videos to help us novices make the most of our coupons (and our time!!). In the videos, she takes you on a virtual shopping trip where she's help real people learn to manage their shopping. Here's an excerpt from the release I received:

About the Coupon Mom Show
The Coupon Mom Show teaches viewers how to save money by watching Stephanie Nelson work with real families to solve their savings challenges in a fun and entertaining way. In each episode, Coupon Mom addresses different financial challenges, from families that want to slash their grocery bills to those hoping to save on holiday meals, birthday parties or even school supplies and provides saving solutions for them. New episodes of the Coupon Mom Show will be airing every Thursday on YouTube and on the Coupon Mom Show website. (Her latest episode talks about saving on school supplies! Whether your outschool or homeschool we all need that!! MR)

Have a question for Coupon Mom? Viewers can submit questions and challenges to the Coupon Mom Show forum.


You don't have to take my word for it, check it out for yourself! I'm so happy to be on my way to frugal living and finding bargains that I can use to help others. I already have an idea for all of the wonderful school supplies I will be getting!

I did not receive any compensation for this post. I was asked to share it by Social Media and after reviewing a few of the videos I agreed that you guys would want to know about this!

Love and Blessings!
Margaret

4 comments:

  1. I love coupon mom too! I recently watched videos of her shopping trips and was able to learn a lot more. It is amazing how much money we can save if we know where to look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Margaret!

    I've been out blog surfing this a.m. and stumbled across your site and so glad it did! You have a wonderful site chocked full in valuable info!! I love it!!

    I'm in full agreement with you sister on the importance of of being better stewards! I've seen Him "multiply the fishes" over the years for our family as we honored Him with good stewardship! He is Faithful!

    I joined to follow your site and look forward to visiting with your again. Hope you'll stop by my place sometime....I'd love to see ya!

    Sweet Blessings!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there! I came for a visit from Mama Zone, and I'm going to stay....I'm a new follower, what a great blog! Come visit me at www.knitsandreads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well said. I needed to hear that! Stopped by from Community of Moms and following you now. Hope you can stop by my blog some time :) Xoxo,
    Stephanie
    Blog: http://stayclose2urheart.blogspot.com/
    Web: http://www.michelebaratta.com/stephaniedandrea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful comment, it means a lot to me!