Saturday, January 30, 2010

Faith 'n Fiction Saturday: Why Read?

I'm joining this meme over at My Friend Amy's Blog. (Well she's not really my friend yet because I don't know Amy yet, but I'm sure I will soon with the help of this meme!!).

So the question this week is Why Read?

I read for several reasons:

1. I read to know more about the Word of God. Each day that I read, I learn more and more about Him and what a loving, kind and merciful God he is.

2. I read to learn. I love learning about different cultures and traditions. I love reading the news to learn more about the world about me.

3. I read for enjoyment. I love all kinds of fiction, non-fiction, biographies, self-development books. I love them all. I can read pretty much anything (except textbooks!).

4. Most recently I started reading to review. This is a new thing for me and it's sometimes tedious, but on the other hand it's opening up so many new interests and paths of study for me. Lately I've been reading mostly books by Christian authors with a splash of fiction thrown in.

So there you have it! Those are some of the reasons I read!

Maybe you will join us next week for the next question!

Love and Blessings!

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Margaret! I love to read, too, but never find the time. So I start book reviewing, too! Forces me to read and then I can share with others what I've learned. Win, win! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post! I too enjoy knowing more about God thorugh my reading and love it when I can find a great book that feeds my soul in that way. Do you read any Randy ALcorn or Phillip Yancey? Two authors that really have given me a lot to think on over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Margaret, I just noticed you on my blog and thought I'd pop on over and check yours out. I LOVE it and I'll be back often to see what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read for enjoyment and research purposes. I just realized that I have been doing a lot of reviewing lately! Love your blog!

    Stephanie~This Army Wife~
    http://thisarmywifeslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there! I am from Friday Follows! Late as usual! Nice to meet you! Come on over when you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful comment, it means a lot to me!