Sunday, January 17, 2010

Book Review: What Seems Like Crazy on An Ordinary Day

What Looks Like Crazy on an Ordinary Day What Looks Like Crazy on an Ordinary Day by Pearl Cleage


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
This is not a book I would normally read. But I have to say it is well written, the characters are well-formed and it's engaging.  The story is from a young woman who grew up in Idlewild, Michigan an idyllic town on the shores of the lake.  It talks about how she couldn't wait to escape but when she faces challenges, she can't wait to get back there. She and her widowed sister have their own share of challenges back in Idlewild.

For fiction, it hit on a lot of issues with today's youth and changing times.

I recommend this if you like African American Urban fiction and don't mind a bit of foul language and sexual situations. In this rare case, I don't feel they detracted from the story.

View all my reviews >>

This is a purchased book from my personal collection.

Love and Blessings!
Margaret

1 comment:

  1. Hi Margaret! Just dropped by to say hello. I think I read that book years ago. I am currently reading a book about Christians and Muslims. It is very interesting. Hope to post about it next week! Have a good day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful comment, it means a lot to me!