Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Book Review - A Journey Into Prayer

A Journey into Prayer A Journey into Prayer by Evelyn Christensen


My rating: 3 of 5 stars
A Journey into Prayer is a book that is designed to take you step by step into building a better prayer relationship with God. Each devotion, gives a scripture and then an "application" paragraph with a short prayer at the end.

Overall the book was a good guide to understanding why we need to pray, understanding our motives and attitudes when we are praying and how our Christian walk affects how our prayers are received.

I like how she provided the scriptures, the simple prayers at the end and I loved the real life examples.

What I disliked is that the writing was a bit dry. It didnt' engage me as much as I like to be and therefore when I put the book down, I usually forgot and had to read it again before going on to the next day.

Overall I think this would be OK for someone new to the Christian Faith, to give them the basics. But for us "mature" Christians we need more of a kick in the pants!

View all my reviews >>


This book was from my personal collection.

Love and Blessings!
Margaret