Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Trading my Sorrows

Hello all,

I didn't mean to be gone so long. We are still mourning the loss of my sister in law. My husband is at times inconsolable. But I know our strength comes from the Lord. The Lord tells me in Psalm 121 to look to Him for help and that's what I'm doing in this case:

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.

Help for my husband and the rest of her family as they grieve, help for all of us to get through Friday, help for all of us to continue with our lives. It's what she would have wanted.

I thought I would share this video with you today since I've made a decision to trade my sorrow and return to the joy of the Lord!

Trading My Sorrow by Israel Houghton

2 comments:

  1. I pray that you will be able to trade your sorrows for joy! My prayers are still with you. I just posted a song on my blog "Great Is Your Mercy" that always uplift my spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are 5 stages of grief. 1.Denial-This isn't happening 2. Anger- Why? 3. Bargaining- Wishing the loved one could come back. 4.Depression-Sadness and Withdrawl 5.Acceptance-Coming to terms with the loss, holding on to the good memories and moving ahead with life.

    I am praying that the comfort of the Lord surround you all during each stage of the healing process. Big hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful comment, it means a lot to me!