Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Virtual Food Drive

A while ago I started a virtual food drive at the Libby's vegetable site (not to be confused with the Nestle's Libby's items!!)... then forgot about it. I got too busy with life and "important" things. Thank God I was reminded that I was committed to this!  You can see my page here!

Today people are hungry and there is no reason for it.  I don't care if they are on welfare, if they don't have a job, I don't care if they are on drugs, NO ONE SHOULD BE HUNGRY!! 

Did you know that just a $5 donation can provide 35 meals for a family.  That's 35 times that a child will not go to bed hungry, 35 times that a mother can go to sleep knowing that her family had food for today, 35 times that a family will not have to beg for food, 35 times...

Throughout the bible we are commanded to feed the hungry, but Matthew 25:34-41 brings the point home and make it as clear as possible. When Jesus returns, he will not be looking for goats on the left, he will be looking to the right for His sheep:

"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.' 




What a meaningful way to share the love of Jesus with those who may not know Him!!  So again, if you feel so led, please visit my page here Thanks for reading!

Love and Blessings!
Margaret

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the information about this. It is so heartbreaking to think of people laying down at night without knowing when/where their next meal will come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is inspiring. I am going to see what I can do to feed the hungry in my area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for reading ladies, that breaks my heart to know that some are going to bed hungry, especially children!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful comment, it means a lot to me!