Monday, November 16, 2009

What's that smell?

The other day I was up in my bedroom folding laundry or something. Daughter was down in the family room watching television. Then I started noticing something... hmm, what is that weird smell...

Me: Mimi, what are you doing down there?
Mimi: Playing with my doll, I'm brushing her hair..
Me: I smell something funny, did you put anything IN her hair?
Mimi: Yes, I put some hair grease on it...
Me: Hair grease? Hmmm, can I SEE the hair grease?
Mimi: OK (in she walks with the telltale little blue jar)
Me: (trying very very hard not to laugh) ummm honey?
Mimi: Yes Mommy?
Me: That's not hair grease!
Mimi: It's not?
Me: No honey, that's VICK'S VAPOR RUB!!!! That's the stuff Mommy puts on your chest when you have a cold. I think you need to go wash your dolly's hair! (unspoken request: and hurry because I can't hold this laugh in much longer!)

No dolls or daughters were harmed during this episode of WHAT NEXT!!??!!

Love and Blessings!
Margaret

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I love it! At least now, if dolly gets a cold, she'll already be all vicks'd up! LOL! I'm glad you shared this -- I can only imagine the look on your face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!! Kids are SO funny :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well at least the doll's chest won't get congested. How many tries of washing the doll's hair did it take to get the Vicks out? This is too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful comment, it means a lot to me!