Sunday, October 18, 2009

Conversations in the Car #1: Did you know?

M: Mom, I counted to 850 Friday at school.

Me: Really? How long did it take you?

M: (with the are you crazy tone) 850 seconds!!

Me: Really, and why did you decide to do that?

M: The teacher told me that there are no A's in any number until you get to a thousand, I had to prove it to myself.

Me: (quickly counting in my head) Oh, you are right, I didn't know that! B (my high schooler), did you know that?

B: Nope! (on the phone) H, did you know there are no A's in the numbers until you get to a thousand? .... Eight is spelled EI, not A!!!

And this is how knowledge spreads!

Margaret

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I never thought about it - I learn something new every day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize that. I'll have to pass this info on.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful comment, it means a lot to me!