Sunday, October 18, 2009

If My People

For some reason this verse stuck with me today:

II Chronicles 7 "14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

The Lord spoke this to Solomon after he finished building the temple of the LORD. The Lord let him know, that He heard his prayers and has Himself consecrated this temple for His worship. Then he went on to tell him (paraphrasing), whatever may befall you, whatever plagues may be brought upon you, humble yourselves, pray, turn from sin and I (the Lord) will hear you and I will forgive you! What a blessing that is! I'm so thankful I serve a loving and forgiving God!

Margaret

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful scripture...thanks for sharing...blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! That is indeed a blessing to serve a God who is so merciful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave you a blog award. You can find it here:

    http://ridingwithjessica.blogspot.com/2009/10/best-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! What a nice way to start the day!

    Thank you for entering my give away! I hope you win!
    =) I also followed you back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Now this starts my day out perfectly. Happy Thursday! Have a great week~ :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful comment, it means a lot to me!